Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oct 9 All Night Flounders

This week at work I have the Night Run. Last shift I also had the Night Run. Last shift there was virtually no bait, low tides at night, and very little wind. As a result, the fishing sucked..... This week is shaping up much differently. Last night was breezy and cool. The high tide was around 330am. There was also a fair number of Finger Mullet that were running through the Ferry Basin.... The fishing results last night were also much different than last shift. My first drop of the night quickly resulted in a 2lb 4oz Summer Flounder. My second drop resulted in a 7lb Southern Flounder. After that great start, the pace slowed down but I still managed to catch 4 more Southern Flounders from 2-3 lbs each. Earlier in the night over on the Hatteras Side I caught 2 small Summer Flounders on a white Gulp. It was a great start to the fishing week and if I can keep this pace going it would be the best week of Ferry Dock Flounder Fishing since the glory nights of September '04 and '05... Also, a big thanks to Frank Folb, Jr for keeping me supplied with live bait all night. Total Catch for the Night: 5 Southern Flounder up to 7lbs and 3 Summer Flounder up to 2lb 4oz 

2 comments:

Chris said...

I think it's time to admit that we all want your job.

Capt. Marty said...

It doesn't pay (money) so well. The benefits (flounder and sheepsheads) are excellent