Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oct 12 More Nice Flounders



Tonight was very windy and cool. Jacket or sweatshirt weather. The NE wind at 20+ knots made fishing and cast netting difficult and it also muddied up the water. It also chased Frank off and it was all up to me tonight. The bites came much slower and I had to move around alot. I only got a few Flounder bites and I made them count. When the bell rang at 430 and it was time to go to work, I had accumulated 4 Southern Flounders. The best part was that 2 of them were 5 pounders. The other 2 were 15"-16". I also caught a Northern Stargazer. A very cool fish but you got to be careful with this little guys. He packs an electric shock that can knock your socks off. All in all, it was another good night of fishing and the count for the week is getting pretty impressive. Especially the number of nice ones! Total Catch for the Night: 4 Southern Flounder up to 5lbs and 1 Northern Stargazer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Capt Marty, from your past reports and comments it don't take much to knock your socks offf