Friday, October 12, 2012

Oct 11 More Hatteras Flounders


Frank and I stayed up all night again. This time he was more focused on catching Mullet to sell in his Dad's Bait Shop (Frank & Fran's Tackle Shop in Avon, NC)... So he spent several hours throwing a cast net and probably captured 50lbs of Finger Mullet. I'm pretty sure he caught a Flounder and at least one Oyster Toadfish... In addition, Frank was bitten on the tongue and inside his mouth 3 times by fire ants. I guess they got on his net after a throw and got inside as mouth as he bit the leadline in preparation to throw again. Franks lip swelled up and it was very painful. Frank and I have alot in common.... Crazy damn things are always happening to me and him. It's ridiculous..... Back to the fishing, I had a fairly good night even though it seemed slow. In reality, I am getting very fatigued. Evidently, I can't stay up all night like I used to for 7 straight nights. I used to do this easy and fish 2-3 days as well. I know I'm getting old. I feel it in my feet and knees, not to mention my back! Oh yeah, I did end up with 9 Southern Flounder up to 6 lbs and I caught some other crap too. Between Frank and I, we are putting up some decent numbers and things are looking up for the next few nights... Total Catch for the Night: 10 Southern Flounder up to 6 lbs, 1 Gag Grouper, 3 Black Sea Bass up to 12" and 4 Oyster Toadfish up to 3lbs   

No comments: