Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oct 20 Casting for Red Drum



This morning's fishing trip went out the window with Admiral Currin's back! So, to ease my pain I planned a dual threat fishing adventure on-foot... First was Taylor's Creek on the strong incoming tide and it was popping! Thirty minutes of fishing produced 6 Red Drum and some garbage. The largest Red Drum was 19" and the smallest was 16". Not great, but I am not complaining..... Part 2 of my adventure was to the Mung Holes with my 3 wt fly rod and rubber-legged spider. It all looked good and I saw a few Bass and Bream, but no takers. Ouch. Oh well, looks like a "Football Afternoon". Total Catch for the Day: 6 Red Drum up to 19", 3 Pinfish and 3 Inshore Lizardfish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that fish's tail saying Duke?

Or Carolina?

Fish Swami?

Mike said...

Hope Admiral Currin gets better soon. Go Pack.

Capt. Marty said...

Drum tail say.....





DUKE BLUE DEVILS. Lucky Drum