Saturday, August 24, 2013

Aug 23 Exploring the Newport River




Not having a Boat has been really weird.... Of course, the best weather of the year around the August Full Moon occurred while I was out of commission! Also interesting is the total lack of interest my friends have showed in "taking me fishing or gigging or whatever".... Gone are the days when poor ole Gerald hauled me around on the Big Duck 50 days per year.... Those were the best of times... Our last "real trip together" was in Sept of 2001. We had 96 and 67 lb Wahoos.... Citation American Red Snappers, big catches of Gag Grouper, King Mackerel, Amberjack. and Black Sea Bass... Okay, I had to "snap out of that dream"..... So John Boy stepped up and asked me to go exploring with him.... Into uncharted territory we sailed... Up the Newport River from launching in Newport.. This is a "river trip".... Beautiful sights. The greenest foilage I've ever seen. And Black Water... Earlier this year, I lamented how "I have never caught a fish in Black Water".... Well, that can be put to rest.... We caught lots of Bream. We didn't see the Catfish and Bowfin we expected... It was a very fun and different kind of experience.... Thanks John Boy, I owe you one! Total Catch for the Day: 15 Bluegill and 1 Redear Sunfish

No comments: