Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TOP WATER CHARTERS is Temporarily Out of Commission

Due to several problems that occurred on my last trip the Top Water Charters Boat is going to be out of action for a while.... Problems with Steering, Broken Welds on my Tower, and an apparent Broken Stringer under the deck are all serious problems.... The Steering and the Welding are pretty simple fixes.... The busted Stringer has the potential to be catastrophic.... Right now I have no other options than to close down my business..... I am aiming to be up and running again by late October or early November.... This will not stop Capt Marty from fishing and I will continue to report my fishing successes and failures... I WILL NOT be able to run Fishing Charters until these issues are resolved though... I bought a little Flats Boat a couple of months ago and I have not used it one single time... My goals for my next week off are to #1 fix the Steering problem, #2 repair the Aluminum Cracks and broken Welds, #3 get the little boat up and running.... The Busted Stringer is going to be a BIG PROBLEM and I really have no idea what it's going to take to fix it.... In the meantime, I am at Hatteras for now and I will be trying to catch that damn Pompano again....

2 comments:

FinchasersUSA said...

Sorry to hear about the boat problems. If you need a recommendation for someone to fix the broken weld or the stringers I can give you some contacts.

ATBob said...

Any idea how the stringer got broke? That's more like what happens here in New England where the coast is all rock, not around MHC where you have sand. Although I have seen you sneak across the LO jetty.