Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New Rate Structure

When Top Water Charters re-opens for business I will have a new rate structure... The only major change will be the additional cost associated with carrying larger groups of people on my boat... It is really meant to discourage fishermen from over crowding my boat. Honestly, it only makes everyone suffer when the boat is too crowded. I can not run to places I want to run to, I can not fish in places I want to fish, I can not fish in a manner I want or need to fish... Most importantly, it is a major safety issue. Larger groups of Adults gathered on the bow of my Boat restricts my vision and also causes my Boat to not handle normally.... Also, I find that crowded conditions commonly results in broken rods, lost tackle, LOST FISH, and bumps and bruises to me and my anglers... Every other Guide does it, why shouldn't I? I run farther and stay longer than any of my competition. It's is stupid on my part. It makes NO SENSE from a Business Standpoint.... I will continue to do it, but I WILL NOT do it anymore from a over-loaded boat and if I do I will be compensated... Sorry. That's the way it is going to be. Period, non-negotiable! 

Top Water Charters 2013 Rates

Rates for Top Water Charters in 2013 will be:

These Rates are for 1-3 Anglers. For additional Anglers see notes below.

Long Half Day- $400 (My Half Days run longer than my competition. Typically from 6am-2pm)

Full Day$600 

Night Fishing$400 

Grouper or Dolphin Fishing- $800 (full day only)

Customized 2, 3, and 4 Hour Trips are availiable and the Price will vary with Individual Requests

***Extra Anglers are $50 per Half Day ***
***Extra Anglers are $100 per Full Day***

4 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds fair to me.

Capt. Marty said...

Mike,

About time for you to go fishing.... The memories from that Black Drum from 1973 and that Albacore from 1988 are starting to wear thin..... It took me 36 years to top your Black Drum!

Anonymous said...

If you only want 1 - 3 anglers on your boat - then that is all you should accept - the extra $50 for half days or $100 for whole days will not make more space on your boat.

Capt. Marty said...

No, but pays for extra gas, ice, tackle, and aspirin associated with the headache associated with taking too many people. It is meant to discourage guys from overloading my boat. 6 guys can go get a charterboat for $1800 and have a great day. 6 guys can come on my boat and we can stand on each others toes and bump into each other all day.... Don't expect to "save" a thousand bucks and have a comparable catch.. Thanks for your input however. Everyone's opinion matters.