Saturday, June 8, 2013

Jalen the Mountain Trout Man !!!!!


We got a new guy working with us this summer.... Jalen, who is a student at Western Carolina, and is an avid Fly Fisherman and ties lots of flies as a hobby.... As a matter of fact, he tied me a bunch of flys and they are pictured above..... Jalen loves catching Trout in the Mountains and will be doing some Guiding up there starting this Fall or next Spring... The funny thing is that Jalen's mother is very good friends with a woman that has been part of our family since, sheeeeesh 1984 or 85.... Ilse married my cousin Tony and Michele was her best friend way back then..... Anyway, Jalen shows up at Hatteras 29 years later.... I can guarantee you that Jalen and I will be friends... As a matter of fact, he will be fishing with me next week and he will be catching some things that he's never caught before..... Hopefully a Cobia, an Amberjack, and maybe a Grouper.... In exchange, He will guide me to my first Brown Trout and Smallmouth Bass when we can find the time... So far this summer, Jalen has been fly fishing around Atlantic and Cedar Island this summer and has caught a 20" Speckled Trout on the fly......

In the meantime, TS Andrea is gone and hopefully the weather will return to normal... Next week I have a trip on Wednesday and a trip on Monday... Big gap in the middle. Fishing is going to be good. Anyone want to join me, this will probably be my last shot at a Cobia until next May! And it's time to start thinking about the Next Adventure.....

No comments: