Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29 Beaufort Freshwater Grand Slam on Fly


Another Slam for Capt Marty..... I'm actually getting pretty good at this..... My confidence is always shaken after Catfishing..... So with no charters and glad actually.... The SOUTHWEST WIND continues to BLOW WAY TOO HARD.... I made the journey over to Mercerville and tossed a few popping bugs into the Original Mung Hole.... Got my Pumpkinseed first. That's your hardest fish to take, spin or fly, when competing for the coveted Grand Slam.... The Pumpkinseed is Beaufort's freshwater equivalent to a Permit in the Florida Keys.... That's enough to make me sick!

Speaking of GRAND SLAMS, Capt Pat Bracher down in the Florida Keys  is The Guide that Capt Marty thinks is the WORLD's GREATEST FISHERMAN and FISHING GUIDE. On June 27, he guided his Clients to his 800th Career Flats Grand Slam.... That's a Tarpon, a Bonefish, and a Permit in one day.... I've fished with Capt Pat on 5 occasions since 2000 and I've landed 2 Grand Slams and 2 Double Grand Slams... His website is: www.fishovertime.com. I need to go fishing with Capt Pat again soon.... Maybe next year!

Anyway, my Beaufort Freshwater Slam, in a 30 kt SW wind on Fly Tackle is much more difficult and prestigious.... Ha Ha.... Total Catch for the Day: 3 Largemouth Bass, 1 Pumpkinseed, and 1 Bluegill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never get tired of seeing those beautiful Pumkinseeds