Friday, June 14, 2013

June 13 A Cobia Breeze


Finally Finally Finally...... Four little ones and one BIG MOMMA...... If you guys can't tell, I'm without a camera again... I've been using my I-Phone.... With the constant barrage of wind and spray and Jennifer onboard, NO Fishing Pics or Fish Pics got taken until late in the night. I did finally manage to land an adult Cobia... This one swam by the boat just as we were setting up. I quickly cast a live Shad in its direction and the big Cobia chased it down into the murky depths.... Fifteen seconds later I was feeling like a fool.... So I started reeling in the bait and as it neared the boat..... Here comes the big Cobia right behind it all fired up and hell bent to eat. She was on it in a second and it was game on.... Five stressful minutes later and 3 trips under the anchor line, I got the gaff in her and that was it....  She bottomed out the 60 lb Boga Grip and that's always nice....The "bent up in the cooler" picture didn't do that fish justice..... Other than that, we had a really nice flurry of bites that produced a sack of spunky little 30" to 36" Cobias at slack water... Kept a couple and released a couple. Not a lot of fishing in all that wind, reminded me of fishing in all those squalls on June 3rd.... Results were just as good! And, no tackle testing and back-aching Stingrays. Total Catch for the Day: 5 Cobia up to 68 lbs and 2 Blacktip Sharks up to 70 lbs

No comments: