Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30 Fly Fishing Beaufort


Korey called me up around 2pm and said "Let's go catch some Bream that are bedding behind my house"..... Y'all know me. I said, "Give me 30 minutes"..... After fishing an hour, in 3 different Ponds, we finally found a spot where the fish acted like they had never seen a popping bug... Actually, they acted like they were hungry. That's more like it. Insects were flying good and there was lots of surface action. Our rubber legged spiders were pretty popular at the "Columbo West Mung Hole".... The larger Bluegills came from "Lake Bernaur"..... I'm embarrassed to tell, but I tell everything, so here goes.... I had my 8# tippet busted twice by "larger" Largemouth Bass. Lost 2 of my best popping bugs.... That hurt, but it was crazy good action there for 30 minutes! Tomorrow, back to the Cast Net, the Stingrays, and the SW Beatings..... Today, relaxation and a 3wt Fly Rod!  Total Catch for the Day: 8 Largemouth Bass and 35 Bluegill

No comments: