Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hatteras Fishing (Not Much)


It ain't much but I did go Pompano Fishing. Conditions weren't great, as usual..... The tide was stagnant and the water was dingy. I did manage to catch a  few tiny Pompano out of my Sand Flea Trap! That seems to be the only that I can catch one nowadays. One of these days, I'm going to hit it just right and catch me a couple of Pompano and when I do, they will be 4 pounders! NC Citation winners.....

I also pulled off a weird-ball catch Friday night.... While blindcasting a clouser, I hooked into a powerful little mystery fish! After a short battle, I pulled a baby Bullnose Ray into view. Crazy. Some crazy way, the little Ray got snagged in the wing by the Clouser fly. Not what Mr. Bob Clouser had in mind when he invented this famous and very useful Fly! Total Catch for the Week: 1 Bullnose Ray

No comments: