Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 27- The Drive Home and Smallmouth Bass Quest





Figures I'd pick "The Worst Day of Traffic in the History of I-95 South. Traffic was Stop-N-Roll from the Delaware Line to Frederick, Va..... But I aint gonna talk about that! First I stopped at Sandy Lake, Pa and fished a Lake I found.... Hoping for a Smallmouth Bass or a Musky! All I found were Bluegill. A Bluegill Frenzy though.... Cruched them on the 3wt Fly Rod and a Popping Bug.... After I left, I read up on this Lake and it is basically over run with Carp. Great. Never had Smallmouth Bass at all. Plenty of Largemouth Bass in the old days..... Oh well, wasted an hour! Later, I found myself back at Hancock, Md. Same as on the way up.... Only this time I got 2 baby Smallmouth Bass to eat a Wooly Boogar. I also caught another beautiful Longear Sunfish. I also hit the C O Canal again and released 5 Green Sunfish..... Memorable day for the Traffic Jam, but I'll never forget those little Smallmouth Bass that came from a tiny stream feeding the Potomac River... No idea what the name of that Stream is.... Total Catch for the Day: 12 Bluegill, 5 Green Sunfish, 2 Smallmouth Bass, and 1 Longear Sunfish 

2 comments:

Mike said...

Interstates are like that every weekend. Stop and roll for no apparent reason.

Mike said...

Finally got your smallmouth?