Friday, June 20, 2014

Ready for Something New

I am headed north in a few days. I'm going to sample some "New" Water for the first time in a long, long time. I fished extensively in the Gulf of Mexico back in October and November of 2001 while spending a month down in South Padre Island, Texas. Other than a few vacations to the Florida Keys, I haven't fished anywhere except an area whose borders would run from Southport, NC to Cape Charles, Va. That's one reason that I'm so excited...... By the way, I am headed to Conneaut, Ohio to fish in Lake Erie. The very thought of it excites me. Lake Erie. One of the Great Lakes. New Waters and New Experiences! I will be targetting fish that I've never fished for. I will catch new species. I should catch my first Walleye and my first Smallmouth Bass. Two of the Greatest Freshwater Fish on the Planet. Perhaps I will catch Freshwater Drum and Steelhead. There's a good chance that I will catch a mix of Yellow Perch, White Perch, and White Bass as well. I find all of this very exciting. Tom Cheseboro will become Capt Tom. Capt Marty will become "Marty the Boat Dummy".... Honestly, I can't wait. This will all be SO NEW, I will probably lose my sea legs and puke my guts up..... I'll ask 10,000 stupid questions. I will backlash Tom's reels. I will do something IGNORANT to lose a Trophy Walleye. Towards the end of the second day I will "get the hang of it". I will catch a big Walleye. A 10 lb Walleye that will get me wanting to come back.... I see this every day, but usually I see it from the other perspective...... Basically, I am really looking forward to this opportunity Tom has provided me. I only wish that m lovely wife, Jennifer, was able to ride up there with me. After 7 long days at Hatteras, I am ready to go home to see my wife. I miss her. I once went 15 years without her and it makes me appreciate her sooooo much. I really truly am thankful that she gave me her blessing to leave Hatteras and drive up to Ohio.... To catch a fish. Thank you so much, Jennifer. I love you and I will make it up to you.... Thank you Tom. For giving me the opportunity to experience a new Area, a new Water, and a new Fish. And to have someone take me and show me who has been there before and done this before. I can't wait.... I can't wait to feel a Walleye's fight. To feel a Walleye in my hands. To clean a Walleye and look inside it. Finally, to taste a Walleye and "see what the BIG DEAL is all about"... Then, I can't wait to bring home some Walleye Fillets and fry them up for Jennifer and my Daddy... Hopefully they will be good enough to justify (in their eyes) my trip.... They might not understand my "New Water and New Fish Longings"

To be continued.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Capt msrty tge boat dummy

Priceless