Friday, June 20, 2014

This Weekend-- A Look Back

Well folks, this weekend should be interesting for Top Water Charters.. As everyone knows, I am up at Hatteras working and will not be home for another week. I am getting so many calls though, I finally asked Capt Tuggy if he was interested in taking another trip for me..... Well, he was and he is! The FV Tugwell sails tomorrow morning in search of Dolphins, Kings, and Amberjacks! Good Luck Capt Tuggy.....

Also, I got a guy Sunday that wants to do a short half day trip. I asked Capt Tuggy and he couldn't do it. So, I got to thinking. ?... Hell, if Tuggy can do it, why can't Chris? Capt Cbo has a USCG Master's License and he's been "on a roll" lately catching fish. Capt Cbo has really done well with the "small boat" inshore Dolphin! Chris is my protege'. He hated fishing. I created a fisherman out of an "out of season" hunter..... Nowadays Chris is a force to be reckoned with! Anyway, Sunday will be his first day of work as a Glamorous Fishing Guide.............

What a disaster! Poor Tuggy had a Boat Trailer Failure at 5am near Vanceboro while pulling his boat to Beaufort.... Unhooked his truck, left his rig broke down on the side of Hwy 43, and raced to Beaufort to grab the Top Water Boat..... Once he launched my boat, it wouldn't start! Charter Over. Two broke down Boats. No $600 pay day. Disaster. Tuggy called Cbo and the two of them managed to reload my boat on my trailer. Tuggy then hauled the Top Water Boat over to Portside Marina for repairs. Note--- As of Sunday Morning: My Boat and Tuggy's Trailer are both fixed. Shheeeeeessshhhh

On Sunday, Capt Cbo took a couple out on a 3 hour charter and caught Spanish Mackerel, Bluefish, and Bullet Mackerel. Chris reported great casting action and 2 happy clients! So, it started out as a disaster and it ended up pretty good.










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Capt Marty,

I'm heading a little further north for the next 7 days and will be fishing in Quetico National Park in Canada, targeting smallmouth. I've never caught one either. We can compare notes when I return.

Have a great trip.

Brent

Capt. Marty said...

That's awesome Brent. Hope you catch them! I know you, you'll catch them! I hope some slow moving guide with a landing net doesn't cost you a big Smallmouth Bass

Capt. Marty said...

That's awesome Brent. Hope you catch them! I know you, you'll catch them! I hope some slow moving guide with a landing net doesn't cost you a big Smallmouth Bass

Capt. Marty said...

Well if today was "We Were Soldiers"

The Top Water Charters contingent were the Vietmanese..... No offense

Capt. Marty said...

Vietnamese.....them too

Capt. Marty said...

We lost 2 battleships today. we never even saw the Sfraights of Hormuz

Capt. Marty said...

Or the Sea Bouy