Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov 19- Every Cast Speckled Trout





This afternoon I made the walk down the Radio Island Beach and at 245 pm I made my first cast. Bite. Pull. Released a Speckled Trout. First 21 casts, same exact thing. Then I missed one. Next cast started a new streak. That's how it went until 430pm when I left. I had Emma along so she was entertaining and a pain in the ass at the same time. She took up a little of my time, so my catch could've been higher number of releases. Who cares? I did release 2 Speckled Trout that I guessed were 15". Solid keepers. Probably 4 others were borderline. I released a Bluefish too. I fished with a white 4" gulp shrimp and I fished with green grubs and white grubs..... The bait made NO DIFFERENCE and gulp was simply a waste of money. Emma devoured half of a Trout and buried the rest for later. Total Catch for the Day: 48 Speckled Trout from 12" to 15" and 1 Bluefish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know!

Capt. Marty said...

See ya tomorrow!