Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Nov 20- Fishing in the Wind Tunnel



Stupidity got the best of me this morning! Fairly floated down the Radio Island Beach this morning. Float like a butterfly, wind at my back.... Got down there and Holy Mackerel, the NE Wind at 25 right in my face. Ultra high tide too. Had to go right to the top of my waders to get my green grub in the Trout Zone. They were there too. Caught 14 Speckled Trout in 25 minutes. Had to whip it into the wind. A bad cast (short) and you'd catch nothing. Water was cold. Wind was cold. Air wasn't warm. Then I said "to hell with this"..... Had to walk back up the Beach into the wind. Now, the light weight waders weighed a ton. It was all I could do to get back to the truck.... Am I dumb enough to go back this afternoon???? Yeap, Korey and I went back this afternoon and caught them on really good.... Had lots of 4-5 cast streaks. Caught a fair share of legal Specked Trout too... As soon as I said, "Hey Korey you want to keep a few?" We never caught another Trout over 13"..... Go figure! And the NE wind continues to blow...... Total Catch for the Day: 80 Speckled Trout from 10" to 15" and 3 Bluefish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You fishing today?

Capt. Marty said...

Did you know Old McDonald was a bad speller.

Capt. Marty said...

Everybody take note of Korey's hair.... Kinnekeet Hair. Korey's grandparents are Hatteras Islanders. To be exact, Kinnekeeters.... It's crazy, there are so many men up there with THE MOST PERFECT HAIR on Earth! Its crazy. Korey's got it, no doubt.... Wind Tunnel Tested.... By the way, he is the future Mayor of Beaufort... You heard it here First. Great Guy too. And, I'll be damned if he didn't kick my ass Trout fishing!

Anonymous said...

And you do know Elvis slept with a lot of young ladies......I'd vote for him and don't even know him.