Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nov 21- Trout after Trout after Trout


I was going for 300 Speckled Trout releases today..... The morning was great. It was a morning of 20 cast-in-a-row streaks.... I started "outside the box"..... Over on the west side. Close to the old Aviation Fuel Docks.... I thought maybe, just maybe, I'd hit a big Speckled Trout or even a Gray Trout or a Black Drum..... Nope. Just the same ole 11" to 13" Speckled Trout. About 1 in 10 would be a borderline keeper. I really didn't care, I'm not looking for a fish dinner.... Anyway, at 707am I caught my first Speckled Trout. At 1230pm I caught #170..... I left the Island for lunch and to run errands.... My intentions were to be back into the water at 230pm to go for 300.... I never made it back. So, maybe tomorrow. If you are addicted to fishing, like me, it is hard to beat this kind of "catching". It is fun. It is easy. It is cheap. It's even good exercise.... The Boat sits in the yard and YES, I want to go to the Cape Lookout Rock Jetty for the 20" Trout.... I want to scour the Beach and Shoals for schools of Red Drum.... I want to chase Albacore and/or King Mackerels.... All that costs $$$$$..... The Radio Island Trout are the Best Bargain in Fishing! I can pretty much promise you that I'm going for 300 tommorrow! Total Catch for the Day: 170 Speckled Trout from 11" to 14", 5 Bluefish, and 1 Inshore Lizardfish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this bite at Radio Island...it allowed working stiffs like me to get out after work and enjoy some really fun fishing...fish after fish after fish, until the sun went down!!

And Capt Marty: THANKS for all your detailed fishing reports, they are greatly appreciated by many who get much less of achance to wet a line!!...Rascal sends

Chris said...

It's the lizardfish surprise that makes it all worthwhile.