Thursday, November 28, 2013

Nov 28- Thanksgiving Trout Fishing




Jalen and Josh are in Carteret County for Thanksgiving so along with their dad, Wes, we all made the cold walk this morning down Radio Island to the "trout hole".... A little different than the Tuckasegee River where Jalen definitely is 1000 times superior to me! This is my turf and on my first cast, I caught a 17" Speckled Trout. Jalen's brother Josh picked up this fishing really quick and was smoking them after tying on a 3/8 oz leadhead. The action seemed to slow down at low tide and we were reay to call it quits after about 2 hours of fishing in the cold wind anyway.... Josh and I did well. We probably caught 65 Trout between the two of us. I had my keeper and Josh had a 15" Speckled Trout. I had two other Trout that were borderline keepers. I guess everyone knows the Speckled Trout Regs are 4 per day and a 14" minimum length.... Jalen and Wes struggled a little. There seemed to be a little friendly family competition going on.... I know in the old days, a friendly family fishing competition with my cousins would've ended in a fist fight and a bloodbath. Fish to win and then fight to the death. Those were the good ole days! Total Catch for the Day: 75 Speckled Trout from 8" to 17"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Where are the Wet Ones?"

Mike said...

"Look what my brother did to me!"

Capt. Marty said...

You gotta stand up for what you believe

Alana Shaikh said...

Quality guides advise you on the best boats, rods, and reels. They will know what products are top-of-the-line and which ones are just type. They have a clear understanding of the current angler market and will do everything in their power to make sure every one of their clients has a successful time at sea. The best Daytona beach fishing charters guide knows how to accomplish this and so much more, so it’s a wise idea to book one now.