Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov 3 Horrible Conditions


Another day, another Full Day Cancellation..... I was getting antsy. Best time of the year is passing very quickly. So today, I allowed my urgency to cloud my judgement and run up to Cape Lookout to the Rock Jetty. The problem was the wind. 20 NNW Knots. That little bit of west made it to where there was 1-2 swell running down the Jetty. After the tide changed, it became straight 2 feet and some 3 ft seas. Not fun when your bow is pitching 2-3 feet up and down. Snatching on your anchor line over and over.... And the Rock Jetty looms right off your stern..... Hell, you are there to FISH so FISH we do... The problem is when you break anchor and immediately start to fall back towards the Rocks, it takes a second to recognize because you are concentrating on FISHING..... Today was the dumbest I've been in a while and didn't catch anything of consequence.... The water has gotten very, very dirty. Fishing sucked across Carteret County today as best I heard..... Everything I caught was too small.... Total Catch for the Day: 30 Bluefish, 1 Gray Trout, and 2 Speckled Trout

1 comment:

Capt. Marty said...

BTW, we found a huge area of Bluefish out in the open Ocean SE of Beaufort Inlet. The big news was Emma ate 3 live bluefish. Ate them. Like a Alaskan Brown Bear eats Salmon