Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dec 11-Brrrrr Trout



Fishing at Radio Island was freaking COLD today. The wind was cold. The air was cold. The water was cold. The fishing was a little different today. For me anyway. Joe Dixon was down at the end of Radio Island and he had his way with them..... "Forty Trout" was the last number he yelled in my direction. Joe is a great Trout Fisherman and a Force to be Reckoned With in general. As for me, I struggled with my Shimano Stradic with PowerPro. I couldn't get the hang of it. I missed dozens of bites. My other rod and reel that I carried down there, evidently I got a little sand and salt intrusion last time down there. That reel is on its last leg. Anyway, I caught 25 Speckled Trout in probably 2 hours. Seems like I had streaks of 10 casts between bites and then went 50 casts without a bite and decided to quit. I know those fish were there yesterday and it surely seemed they were there this morning (for Joe).... This afternoon, great weather but cold, rising water, everything seemed perfect. The Trout just were not biting this afternoon. Total Catch for the Day: 25 Speckled Trout up to 14"

No comments: