Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dec 20- The Rod, The Gig, The Skunk

That's a BIG FAT ZERO....... I didn't make it out to the Jetty's where the fishing has been good, but steadily declining from the All Out Blitz that occurred on Monday. I had fished out there 4 days in a row and I had brought home a nice fish each day. I've been "living off the land"..... The water actually and the living's been good. Nice fat Drum and Trout fillets.... Well, today I screwed up. I slept too late and missed the Drum bite.. Good or Bad, at least I knew without a doubt, the fishing has been good, has the potential to be great, and there's a good chance that I won't come home empty handed.... So I was "all in" for tonight's action. Between gigging and casting on the south shore of Hatteras Inlet, I was certain that I'd score and I just might hit the "Motherlode".... I was bristling with anticipation.... Well. To make a short story painlessly shorter..... Gigging was bad, but casting was worse. At least gigging I saw a Squid and several Pinfish and Silversides. The highlight of casting was when I changed from a mirrorlure to a gulp..... And I dropped the gulp/leadhead in 2 feet of water... After 20 minutes, I successfully hooked the hook in the eye of my rod so I didn't have to bend down and get my sleeve wet. Small Battle Won.... War Lost.... Living off the Land? Looks like I'm going hungry. Total Catch for the Day: Nothing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A picture of a Skumk would've been far more affective

Tom Chesebro said...

Hey Capt. Marty, Merry Christmas to you and Jennifer, hope all is well and you get everything you guys want in the New Year !!!!!