Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dec 19- The KING of the BEACH

If Cape Hatteras is one of the Greatest Surf Fishing Destinations in the USA.... At Cape Hatteras right now you basically have: #1 The Point and #2 The Jetty's.... Right now, The Jetty's are where THE BEST ACTION IS..... Therefore, in my opinion, the Jetty's at Buxton, NC is one of the USA's greatest surf fishing destinations. Dominate the fishing here and you might just be "the best fisherman on the East Coast for the Day". Right? Well today, this kid pictured, he brought the heat! He was the best fisherman on the Beach. He caught an AMAZING FISH. He caught a freaking Giant Sea Mullet. He also caught a Red Drum on a slow day... I didn't catch one and I consider myself to be an "okay fisherman"..... I dont know his name, but his Dad is John Canning and has a Charterboat at Hatteras named Reliance.   (www.fishreliance.com) Call John up and he will take you offshore out of Hatteras Harbor Marina......  As for me, I had a slow day. I saw 4-5 Red Drum caught. I had seen a Speckled Trout and a Giant Sea Mullet caught. It was looking bleak. Finally I caught a 2 lb 8oz Speckled Trout. It was my only fish of the Day... Damn, I wish I could've caught that Sea Mullet. It was a real trophy. But it was cool seeing that boy "light up"... He is a fisherman for sure, He knew the significance of that fish. I didn't catch my first NC Saltwater Citation until I was 21 years old. That little boy is lucky and he is already a damn good fisherman. Bright future and lots of fun ahead of him..... Total Catch for the Day: 1 Speckled Trout at 2 lb 8oz


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still enjoy your reports, Cap'n. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Capt. Marty said...

Lots of people seem to enjoy my reports. I wish I had bigger and better fishing reports to share with y'all but the charter business is slow, the weather is inconsistent, it's nearly Christmas, and my wife is a strange combination of beautiful, sweet, sexy, adorable, cuddly, fun, and witty.... Some nights that 10 years ago I would've been Speckled Trout Fishing, nowadays I'd rather stay home with her! Some mornings that 10 years ago I would've been King Mackerel Fishing, nowadays I'd rather stay home with her! Plus, money is tight and my back is sore... Hopefully next year, I will fish a little more, catch bigger and better fish, hopefully I will feel better, and hopefully I can manage to entertain all my readers, drum up some Charter Business, make my Family proud, and keep Jennifer happy... I appreciate everyone who reads this blog. I appreciate all the comments. I hope to fish with some of you guys in the near future. I hope everyone is safe and enjoys the week leading into the Holidays