Friday, August 15, 2014

Aug 15- Billy Gets It!

I explained to Billy how popular this Fish is over on Harker's Island

This is Billy's second Flounder in 20 years. Billy is a great Fishing student

I was "posing" my Flounders while Billy was "catching" his Flounders

Billy's enthusiasm is contagious.. He and I are hitting the Beach tomorrow morning!
A day later, here's our Flounder.... Thanks to Gary Cooper. Delicious.... 
Tonight was a beautiful and the waters were very calm... I'd say the fishing and the gigging wasn't the greatest! I did see a 10 lb Flounder that was a runner and he got away from me.... Tomorrow night I WILL GO LOOKING FOR HIM AGAIN! Anyway, at one time there was three of us out playing. Keith was walking with his gig well north of the Ferry Dock..... Nothing!  Billy was casting a gulp in the mouth of the Ferry Basin.... Nothing!  Meanwhile I really rolled the dice, trying to catch a Sandbar Shark or a Blacktip Shark way down the Beach east of the Ferry property, practically in the Ocean..... Nothing !  When we all finally made it back to the Ferry it was 330am and we had nothing in the box.... It was put up time or shut up time ! Eat or go hungry...  I walked over to the east ramp. The scene of yesterday morning's massacre. As soon as I got over there, I quickly, I scored a 16" Summer Founder. In the blink of an eye, I caught 2 more Summer Flounders.... Billy was a little frustrated, but excited. I walked away and headed back to the Ferry and my cooler. I made up my mind that I wasn't going back over there. I knew, if the night before was any indication, then Billy was getting ready to get some action.... When it happens once, it's a rally..... If it happens twice, its a pattern...... As I watched Billy, it was quickly apparent that #1 We had discovered a pattern (as Billy hooked up a 17" Summer Flounder) #2 Billy had experienced his "Flounder Revelation" (as Billy hooked Flounders on his next two drops)  Suddenly, Billy had 3 keeper Summer Flounder to match my 3 keeper Summer Flounder. A slow night had quickly turned into a pretty damn good night of Fishing..... Total Catch for the Night: 6 Summer Flounder from 15" to 18", 6 Oyster Toadfish from 2-4 lbs, 1 med large Hogfish, 7 Pinfish, 1 baby Gag Grouper, and 1 Inshore Lizardfish

No comments: