Friday, August 8, 2014

Aug 8- Good Casting in the Washing Machine

David and a Future Tackle Buster!

As much as I love Crevalle Jacks, where's my smile!

David doing battle

David with a Great Gamefish

Cindy won the Jackpot on the Capt Stacy earlier this week.... AWESOME!

Some Great Eating on a Tough Day
David and Cindy were troopers... I drove them all over the Ocean. I tossed them too and fro, I wet them, and I scared them! Then, it got worse. A lot worse. We actually found some fish and they were in the worst spot in Carteret County. South of Shark Island on a 20 kt NE wind with 6 foot breakers coming down on us .... Acres of 2-3 lb Bluefish and screaming gulls were here too! We waxed them  the best we could. We'd hook two and I pull the boat in neutral. By the time we landed them, it'd be a quarter mile back to the action. It was definitely COMBAT FISHING, my first of the year! We got David all the Blues he probably needed. We also picked up a baby Cobia and a Sharpnose Shark. What was coolest of all was on the way in we ran into a 1000 foraging Crevalle Jacks at 2-4 lbs each. We each caught one . I hooked 3 and David hooked 2, I think.... Anyway, nice end to the day...... Rough as Hell, but we survived and caught fish! Total Catch for the Day: 16 Bluefish from 2-3lbs, 3 Crevalle Jacks from 2-4 lbs, a 7 lb Sharpnose Shark and a baby Cobia

No comments: