Monday, August 4, 2014

Aug 4- Early AM Fishing





I must say, this afternoon the skies cleared. The most incredible "Orange Sky" that I've ever seen plus a magical double Rainbow appeared over the sacred waters exactly where James Hussey delivered his All Tackle World Record 31 lb 12 oz Bluefish to the Angling World on January 31, 1972..... Double Arc Spectrum of color would've made ROY G BIV proud grew from the very spot where that monster Bluefish mauled the red and white Hopkins Trolling Spoon with the big yellow feather! It got my attention and I talked my Dad into buying me an identical one......

I digress again... All work and no fish make Capt Marty a Late Night Literary Loser .... So tonight with intermitten sprinkles and no wind, it would've been a good night to fish... But I left my rods n reels in my room... I did  "borrow" Rodanthe Randy's combo and, I must say, Randy needs some new line. The 1986 Spinfisher DLX saw its half life pass with Haley's Comet... It held up for a 7 oz Spot, 2 baby Flounders, a baby Bluefish, and 2 prize winning Pinfish.... Then it happened! In 10" of water under the bright lights, a 24" Flounder glided up behind my jig head/cut Pinfish combo.... In a flash, Randy's jig head disappeared in the Flounders pie hole.... Oh Lord , I wish Randy was here to BERATE!!!! It didn't matter anyway, with No Landing Net this NC Citation Flounder was safe and sound.... He will have to deal with a leadhead impelled in his throat... No worries, I've seen Flounders survive and thrive some incredible mishaps.... Anyway, knowing my fate before I enacted it, I firmly set the hook! The Flounder exploded in a cloud of mud and headed to deep water... Randy's rod tip barely registered a ping as the line parted and Mr Large Flat Dinner for Four escaped! Oh well, there is always the castnet and the Mullets!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mullets again!!! These pics are beautiful. Sorry u missed that flounder. Keep the reports coming. You need to write for some magazine the way u make it all come to life in the reader's mind.

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Mom, if only the other 15.8 billion people on Earth could see me through your eyes. I love you

Anonymous said...

Seeing that Spot is like seeing an old friend!