Thursday, August 21, 2014

Aug 21- WHY ME

Breaking down and getting towed in sucks...... Its even worse when all the hard work is done and the only thing left is catching the damn fish....... Son of a damn Beee Otch. The Baitwell was packed with turbo charged Menhaden and Paul and I was clearing the Inlet at 7am...... Slick, Blue Water teeming with Adult King Mackerel awaited us...... We were gonna be the first or second boat to drop a bait in the water this morning....... The Top Water Boat, while nursing injuries and showing years of hard use, was actually purring like a kitten this morning..... Then suddenly, she died. Dead. I mean she was  D E A D.... I nursed her back to life a couple of times. In retrospect, I used up the gas in my water separating filter..... There was a major restriction from the Tank to the Filter..... Not  a drop was getting through.... A great analogy was...... The Top Water Boat suffered a severe Stroke this morning. She is on Life Support.... Capt Marty stands to lose between $1000 and $2000 in income and potential repairs.... makes me shudder.... Now, for a little Good News...... Capt Tyler Thomas has been kind enough to lend me the use of his BADASS 22' Bay Rider "Super" Skiff..... My last Bay Rider experience ended with a Wahoo on an 18 foot Skiff..... I'm all set tomorrow to try this again... Look out King Mackerels.... Please let this happen and let the fish bite and please please please let me not harm Tyler's Boat...... I need ONE BITE.... Another 35 lb King Mackerel would be a thing of Beauty!

No comments: