Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to Hatteras ***Updated 8/12***

Pulling in Silver Lake

Capt Doug Martin and Capt Rick Scarborough are sightcasting to a school of Red Drum
Tommorrow Night I start another shift.... As usual, look for Flounders, Sheepsheads, Pompano, and Sea Mullets! Look for them..... In reality, expect a few Flounders and a pile of Jumping Mullets! I will be armed with Rods and Reels, Castnets, and Gigs and Lights..... Look Out Fish, here comes Capt Marty!

Right now I am on the Cedar Island Ferry headed to Ocracoke.... I must say the weather is gorgeous and Pamlico Sound is flat as a pancake... I am SO DAMN TIRED OF THIS CRAP WORKING OUT LIKE THIS I WANT TO PUKE... I just spent the past 5 days in 10-25 kts of east wind with a daily (WRONG) forecast of Rain and T-Storms..... I spent 2 days fighting horrible conditions and produced good catches and plenty of smiles and laughs and good times. I spent the next 2 days trying to convince my anglers that the Fishing was going to be fantastic despite the forecast .... Left sitting at home when I should've been out fishing and earning $900..... Now, here it is time to go back to work, and the weather is GREAT. It makes me sick and pushes me a little closer to the edge. The Edge being where Capt Marty says "to hell with it" and moves to the Mountains to pursue Brown Trout and Smallmouth Bass...... I hope all y'all enjoy great weather and great fishing today and beyond ... To all the weather forecasters out there, hope you get a nail in your tire and you break a tooth. Why do we need you? After all these years and advances in technology and forecasting results on the coast are still in the Stone Age. Pitiful. Look west, weatherman. That's what's headed our way. That summation is as good as their's most of the time



When I get home next week, I am OPEN for CHARTER on Sat Aug 23rd, Sun Aug 24th, and Mon Aug 25th

Night Fishing is now really a great option..... Giant Red Drum in Pamlico Sound/Neuse River OR incredible variety fishing around the Morehead City State Port Docks

Call or Text me on: 252-241-8350

Email me at: captmarty1@gmail.com

2 comments:

FinchasersUSA said...

I think I am going to start planning my fishing trips whenever you have to work. It seems more reliable than Skip.

Cliff G said...

I hope to go drumin with you someday its on my life list to someday catch a big pamlico Red!